1. Reservation Policy
Please read the tour itinerary and our FAQs carefully before booking, if you have any questions we will be happy to help you.
When completing a booking you agree with the Terms and Conditions of Amazon Trails Peru (ATP).
For a booking we require your personal information and a deposit of 220 or 250 US$ per person per tour, which can be transferred to our bank account, via Pay Pal, Xoom or by Western Union money transfer. Transfer fees are assumed by the client.
The balance has to be paid in cash (Soles, US$ or Euros) at least 2 days before your departure date at our office in Cusco. (In case you only arrive 1 day before your tour please let us know in advance).
Alternatively you can transfer payment of the balance 2 weeks before your tour date, by bank, Xoom, Western Union or Paypal, subject to the respective fees.
Change of booking (does not apply for the Inka Trail)
You can change your booking free of charge until 60 days before the tour date, subject to availability. Prices for other tour dates may vary.
For changes until 14 days before tour departure we charge 80 US$ per person.
From 13 to 3 days before the tour we charge 120 US$ per person to change your tour date to another fixed departure date, subject to availability.
On 2 or 1 day before your tour we charge 200 US$ per person to change your tour date to another fixed departure date, subject to availability
For restrictions related with Corona virus:
In case of restrictions due to the Corona Virus in Peru we offer to change your booking free of charge with notice of minimum 25 days prior to your tour date.
However the tour price on a later date may differ from the original price.
2. Cancelation Policy
In case of cancelation ATP charges the following fees:
a) Cancelation of the classic Inka Trail:
The entrance fee for the 4 day Inka Trail (95 US $) or 2 day Inka Trail (70 US$) is not refundable at any point after booking nor is it possible to change the date of your trek departure, name or passport number of the trail permit according to the rules of the ‘Ministerio de Cultura Machupicchu’, the goverment office that provides the entrance permits to the Inka Trail.
In case you cancel the Trail we will hand over the entrance ticket for Machu Picchu and your train ticket(s) so you can use these independently.
In case you need to change the dates of any of these tickets this is your responsibility.
If you cancel the Inka Trail ATP charges as follows:
- until 61 days before trek departure: 40 % of the total tour price
- from the 60th till the 31st day before trek departure: 50 % of the total tour price
- from the 30th till the 14th day before trek departure: 60 % of the total tour price
- from the 13th day until the 7th day before trek departure: 70 % of the total tour price
- from 6 until 3 days before trek departure: 85 % of the total tour price
- 2 days before trek departure: 90 % of the total tour price
- 1 day before or on departure date: no refund
b) Cancelation of other treks and Manu tours:
- until 61 days before tour departure: 10 % of the total tour price, min. 90 US$
- from the 60th till the 31st day before tour departure: 20 % of the total tour price
- from the 30th till the 14th day before tour departure: 40 % of the total tour price
- from the 13th day until the 7th day before tour departure: 50 % of the total tour price
- from 6 until 3 days before tour departure: 65 % of the total tour price
- 2 days before tour departure: 80 % of the total tour price
- 1 day before tour departure or on the departure date: no refund
Note: For tours that include the entrance to Machu Picchu the entrance fee cannot be refunded.
c) Cancelation of Machu Picchu tours:
- until 61 days before tour departure, if tickets have not been purchased yet: 25 % of the total tour price
- from the 60th till the 31st day before tour departure, in case tickets have not been purchased yet: 30 % of the total tour price
- from the 30th till the 14th day before tour departure OR earlier in case tickets have been purchased: 50 % of the total tour price
- from the 13th day until the 7th day before tour departure: 60 % of the total tour price
- from the 6th day until 3 days before tour departure: 70 % of the total tour price
- 2 or 1 day(s) before tour departure: 80 % of the total tour price
Note: Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu are not refundable at any point!
Modification of Machu Picchu tours:
- there is a minimum fee of 25 US$, please contact us for details.
Note: Cancelation fees for private tours can be higher than the amounts indicated here above.
For all tours:
All cancelations fees are due immediately after cancelling a tour.
There is no refund for expenses like money transfer fees and other expenses related to your booking.
In case of cancelling the tour on departure date or abandoning it after tour start there is no refund. If the client decides not to participate in parts of the tour´s activities there is no refund either.
3. Terms & Conditions – Amazon Trails Peru
ATP is not liable for expenses for additional hotel/ lodge nights and meals not specified in the individual trip itinerary.
Parts of the tour itineraries may be modified due to circumstances caused by nature, such as changing river or road conditions or other causes beyond control of ATP. Alternative Lodges or Hotels of the same standard may be used. ATP always considers the best available alternative according to the circumstances.
We strongly recommend to purchase a travel insurance especially for cases of illness, injury, theft, loss, accidents, natural disasters, labor strikes, acts of God, war, earthquake, flooding including costs for emergency evacuation, medical assistance and surgery.
Client’s luggage and belongings are at his/ her own risk.
If you travel with special equipment you are responsible to buy appropriate insurance for your valuables such as camera equipment, binoculars, scopes, laptop and others.
ATP reserves the right to cancel any trip prior to departure for any reason whatsoever, including insufficient signup or problems that may seriously affect or impede trip operations such as natural disasters, strikes, acts of God, war, earthquake, flooding. The refund of all payments received that have not yet been used for trip operation shall release ATP from any further liability.
When signing up for a tour with ATP you agree to follow the indications of your tour guide.
In case you go on walks or hikes on your own ATP cannot be held responsible for any damages or injuries caused on such walks.
ATP reserves the right to exclude passengers from our tours in case he or she is not willing to pay the full price before tour departure or if he/ she represents a risk to the successful realization of the tour.
In case a Manu flight is cancelled due to weather conditions or by the airline for other reasons and the client has to stay an extra night in Manu any additional expenses have to be covered by the client. In case it becomes necessary to return overland there is no refund for the flight ticket.
For any further questions please contact us.